- Elaine ~^wurrpa Maypilama
resident with connections to land through father’s
- Strong connections to
Yirrkala lands through Mother’s
- 2000-current Supervisor :Yalu'
- 1998-2000: Senior Researcher CRC for Aboriginal and Tropical
Health Indigenous Health and Education: Exploring the
Connections (participatory action research)
- Qualified Teachers Aide
- Driving force of Yalu service
delivery to work with the unemployed and homeless Yol\u
people who are stranded
in the greater Darwin area. Has undertaken
to locate and talk with stranded Yol\u on behalf of
their families and
report back to family in Galiwin'ku since 2000.
- Instrumental in establishing
Sniffing program 'The Good Boys Program'
- Collaborations with Mission
Australia & Itinerant’s
Project; CRC for Aboriginal and Tropical
Health; Menzies School of Health Research; NT Law
- Experienced conference presenter.
top of page